Sunday, May 23, 2010

Weekly Running Log -- Los Gatos Trail 10 miles (05/15/2010)



Good thing about running is, even when all your friends are not available, you could still
run by yourself.
Yi said he wanted to rest today for the race tomorrow. Kai canceled the run in the last minute saying he was not feeling well. So..it was just me....
As long as I could force myself to get up from the warm bed, everthing would be just fine.
Only problem was, when I was heading out, Allison woke up, and found me.
"Daddy, where are you going? , I wanna go with you !! " oops ...
At first, I was going to dump her home, after all, I won't get too much run if I brought her alone.
But on the second thought, it's been a while since I ran with her last time. This kind of chance might be just getting rare in the future.
Okay, I said, let's wake mom up as well..
So, our whole family were heading to the park at last !! what a great start of the weekend.
However, my dream of all three running together soon disappeared, When Allison saw the slide
in the park, she dumped me right away and insisted she wanted to play instead of running..
What a smart girl...sigh...
okay, at least, I brought my wife alone and she didn't like or I should said, she hated running
anyway...
In the end, I was all alone again with my own pace...
It was unusually croweded, a Indian running group just started their run, and there was a race
in Vasona Park. A lot of people on the trail made me to pass them one after another.
Well, to my surprise, my speed increased and I didn't even feel it. Look like I held back to much before, should push myself more on the speed.
I've been trying to adjust my stride since I saw the Chi-Running video, it somewhat helped me, however, my body also started to reject it . I've never had shin pain, but it started to bother me when I tried to increase the speed by increase each stride. It seemed to put more pressure on the legs. Maybe next time, I should use a camera to video my stride for analysis. Somewhere must be not right.
Last two miles, full speed , I thought I could bear with 2 miles of discomfor....
10miles in 1:22:21 , well, my best training time.
Not too bad...

When I got back to the park, Allison was still playing the slide. A lady who we used to met in the park came to talk to me. We chatted a little and she mentioned she was preparing to run the Boston Marathon !! Oh man....she was really good. In my age, to be qullified for Boston Marathon, I had to finish in 3hr 15 mins, and my last record is : 4hr 25 min ...
It's a long way to go..
One funny thing was, she said she was from Taiwan as well, but she didn't look like Taiwanese,
didn't sound like Taiwanese, she didn't even know where the HawLien is....
I didn't know why she would say that...maybe she was living in Taiwan when she was young ?

No comments: